2010 Press Archive
Washington Post Coverage:
- DC Shorts is named a Best Bet for Summer
- DC Shorts is a great Date Night activity. We think so, too!
- Listing in the Going Out Guide.
- The Going out Guide tells the “Short and the Short of It.”
- A Going Out Guide Pick!
- “Short Films, Large Talents” in the Reliable Source
The Express calls us “Short and Sweet.”
Washington Flyer calls us Hip and Quick. Cool.
On Tap Magazine has a complete run down and plan for the weekend!
DC Shorts is Long on Variety…by the Washington Examiner.
The Examiner also recommends “Music by Prudence”
MetroWeekly puts DC Shorts in the spotlight.
A nice mention in the Washington Blade
Watch Jon Gann speak about food films on W*USA-9
Watch Jon (again) on Comcast Spotlight.
Hear Festival Director, Jon Gann, on Film Festival Radio.
Video interview with Jon Gann on The DC Place.
TBD.com has much to say:
- Double vaginas, and why Horatio Sanz is no longer fat
- Two local screenwriters make finals of DC Shorts competition
- Slings and arrows and ‘Snowpocalypse’
- Jesus and Satan need ‘Therapy.’ Plus: Kegger at E Street!
- ‘The Angry Filmmaker’ on low budgets, your friends who can’t act
- Oscar-winner Roger Ross Williams and his ‘Kayne moment’
- Doubling up at DC Shorts’ celebrity party
- How to get your film rejected from the D.C. Shorts Festival
- Jon Gann readies another DC Shorts Film Festival
Washington City Paper coverage:
- The “Festival for the Attention Deficient.”
- Better Late than Never…
- Showcase 4 Reviewed
- Showcase 5 Reviewed
- Showcase 6 Reviewed
- Jon inadvertently disses the paper (sorry.)
Daily Candy recommends DC Shorts (for another year!)
Washingtonian recommends DCS as an after-hours must-do.
The Pink Line Projects tells your How to Rock the Festival (a practical guide)
DC Shorts featured on Shine DC.
Deacon Does DC is excited to attend the festival.
DC Shorts Director Jon Gann Previews Next Month’s Festival online at ScreenDC.
Then Screen DC covers opening night!
The Pink Line Project has some nice things to say.
Poptimal chimes in: D.C. Shorts: Movie Watching for ADD
The 42 picks films they want to watch.
PlanetEye Traveler comments on the merits of films under 20 minutes.
Joe Flood: reel lessons in marketing on Flack Rabbit.
Joe Flood gives his impressions on “Enter the Beard.”
Metromix sure does love to cover a party!
That Kellie Girl picks us as a weekend best bet.
Rach’s Photo Blog
More pics at Fat Pants
A nice mention in the Huffington Post
We love the DCist! We are a weekend pick! And a mobile one, too!
Neighborhood blog Penn Quarter Living is always plugging us!
Zagat Buzz makes restaurant choices near the festival venues.
The Review List highlights the festival.
Anne Marchand at Painterly Visions makes her festival picks.
Guest of a Guest suggests bringing a guest…