Prices and Policies
All events, including free screenings, must be ticketed. Each screening requires a separate ticket.
All regular and “Best of DC Shorts” showcases are approximately 90 minutes and include 7-9 films from around the globe.
- Purchase Online: $12 + service charge
We highly recommend purchasing tickets online, as many shows will sell out. Tickets purchased online can also save you $3!
- Purchase at a DC Shorts Box Office: $15
To purchase tickets, look for the BUY TICKETS section on almost every page.
All parties include light refreshments and a special selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Attendees must be over 21 years of age and present photo ID at the door.
Tickets must be purchased in advance either online or at a box office — we cannot offer door sales.
- Purchase Online or at DC Shorts Box Office: $20 + service charge
Online Film Festival
We are very excited to bring you the DC Shorts Online Film Festival — over 100 films can be watched during the festival week on any computer and most mobile devices. Watch from a coffee shop, your office — or even in the comfort of your bed.
After purchasing, you will receive an email with the a special access code and link to the online festival website.
- Purchase Online: $35
- Purchase at DC Shorts Box Office: $15 (More than HALF OFF!)
All Access Festival Pass
This single pass allows entry into any screening, party, workshop — even the Best of DC Shorts! Plus, this pass includes:
- Priority seating at all screenings — you get in first!
- Priority entry to all parties — you get in first!
- DC Shorts T-shirt
- Swag bag (while supplies last)
- Access to the DC Shorts Online Film Festival
Tickets may be purchased via our ticketing partner, TicketLeap. We recommend that you either print your tickets at home/work, or use TicketLeap’s app to present a “selfie ticket.” If you forget your tickets, or do not have access to a printer — do not worry! We can still check you in at the door.
To purchase tickets and passes in person, please visit the DC Shorts Box Office at each venue. Box offices open one hour before the first event of the day, and close one hour after the last event begins. We do not use Landmark’s or Angelika’s ticketing system.
We accept all major credit cards and cash. No checks accepted.
All ticket and pass holders must be seated 15 minutes prior to showtime to guarantee a seat. After that time, pass holders will be admitted with the general audience.
- 20 minutes before each showcase…Pass holders and filmmakers are admitted to the theater.
- 15 minutes before each showcase… Ticket holders are admitted to the theater.
- 10 minutes before each showcase… all unclaimed seats are sold at the theater door for $15 cash. The standby line will form 45 minutes before the screening time. What are your chances of getting in? Pretty good — we usually release a minimum of 20-40 tickets at the door.
Exchanges and Refunds
All ticket and pass sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges of tickets, party or festival passes.
Please familiarize yourself with our Seating Policy (above.) There are no refunds for late arrivals.
We know that mistakes happen. If you present a ticket purchased in error, we will make every effort to accommodate you at another screening of your choice on a space-available basis. Visit the box office for details.